Shtuff that happened in the past few weeks (notice that I am getting lazier to update this):
- New job: Two and a half weeks and still standing. Actually, I'm liking what I'm doing. I enjoy that I get to write reports and translate documents into Spanish and learn heaps of stuff about international development everyday. At the moment, my team is working on this research project commissioned by a UN agency and it's turning out to be quite a big task but I must say I am enjoying the challenge. This job is very much like going to school, since all the scholarly elements are present - research, writing, analysis. All fun stuff really, but whoever said brain work wasn't tiring?? Even if I hardly move at work I come home wrecked as hell and sleep like a baby every single night. Next week is my last week on the day shift. Let's see what major life changes the night shift will bring.
- I think I may have entirely lost all interest in going out at night. Yes, this is a function of being tired and broke all the time. Lately I have been eagerly awaiting to get home early on Friday nights to chillax in my room, not even stopping for a second to think that I might be missing out on fun and booze and Friday night shenanigans or whatevs. My days of being young and reckless and shitfaced all the time are behind me now. Well, I still do go out for lunch/quick dinner with friends once or twice a week, but it has been AGES since I last stayed up drinking in wild abandon like I used to. My battered liver can only handle so much now.
- As some of you know, I briefly flirted with the idea of having not one but TWO jobs, a day one and a night one. For the life of me, I don't even know why I even considered doing that. Anyway, I am happy to report that I am only keeping the night one (the day one is history). I was never too keen on the day one to begin with. Thank goodness I won't have to give up sleep anymore, my most favourite thing to do in life.
- I am off to the land of Mi Goreng and Gudang Guram sometime June/July. I won this essay writing competition sponsored by the ASEAN and part of my prize is a trip to Jakarta to meet the Secretary-General. I am excited like anything! This early I have shot all of my lovely Indo friends a message to let them know of my visit, and I am so stoked to see them again. Everything seems surreal still, and it's incredibly unbelievable how I managed to win the contest when my essay was crap at its finest. Anyway, I am so convulsively happy. Can you say dream come true?? This is so mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats again, N! Galleria crew on Thursday nights, hehe!
I get tired easily these days... ahh, old age.. plus a career in research really is tiring!
(Showbiz, just you wait!)
abrazos,
Allan
thanks sweetie! can't wait til thursday!
hugs and kisses...
PS please remind me to bring your dvds :p
Wow, Congratulations! (",)
thanks, abbie! hope all is well with you :)
Post a Comment